Hey guys…in a previous post, we talked about YOU being your best competitive advantage and using the about us section of your website to show off a little personality.
Another great option is using video to accomplish the same thing (and possibly do it even better). Check out the video below by Karma Crossfit that mixes in “what is crossfit” with an intro of their coaches.
You get a little taste of what you’re in for if you walk in the door at Karma Crossfit. More importantly, you get to know a little bit about the coaches you will be working with and why they do what they do.
A few tips for your video:
1. Put it on your front page…there is a ton of research to support that video is sticky (get your mind out of the gutter)…that is, the engaging nature of video encourages users to spend more time on a page, thereby increasing the likely hood that they will call, fill out a contact form, etc. So with this in mind, get it right up front.
2. Be authentic. While this sounds like a touchy feelly marketing buzzword, it is important to be yourself…because:
- you’ll come off like a tool if you don’t
- clients will be disappointed if you are someone different
- who you are in the video will serve as one way to attract or find your ideal clients
A potential client watching the video will make a judgement of whether the coaches are people that they want to work with or not. Does their personality match with theirs, etc.
Understand that you have potential members out there that are simply intimidated to step through that door. Using a video that does a good job to communicate the personality of the coaches and your affiliate can remove a huge barrier for potential clients. It can also help you to attract future members that will continue to support your culture.
Until next time…MetCon5 Training Journals